Visit our Web Site/ Online Store

If you arrived here from out online store, you can return by clicking right here.

Monday, June 20, 2011

It's Market Time!


Hi everyone!

Well, if you read this blog semi regularly you know that my hubby and I have our own herb business. And this is the major busy time for us. We have had our herbs planted for months in the greenhouse (we start our herbs from seed) and now it is time to get things ready to sell at the markets.

Troy and I spent hours the other day in the greenhouse getting things ready. I have been collecting different thrifted items to use for tabletop herb gardens/planters. So, I spent time putting together these different planters. I thought you may want to see some of them.

Now, keep in mind, I just planted these. So, they are not cleaned up yet and I won't be selling them for a least a week. Why wait? I want the planters to look full and not just planted.

Okay, come on in and join me in the greenhouse!

Farmers market 2011 003These are two little wood tea boxes. I thought they look cute with a little spearmint plant in them. I really tried to do a lot of different sizes and looks of the mini herb gardens. When you are a seller, you want to offer your customers different price points. So, these will be the least expensive ones. **SOLD!

Farmers market 2011 004A large ceramic golf ball planter filled with Basil and Oregano. You might see these planters on Teleflora ads on TV right now for Father's Day. I found this at a thrift store. **SOLD!

Farmers market 2011 005A pretty vintage hobnail milk glass dish with Lemon Balm.

Farmers market 2011 006I chose a beautiful white flowering Basil plant for this wicker watering can that I got at The Christmas Tree Shops. I have another one of these to make up yet. **SOLD!

Farmers market 2011 007I just recently used this old enamel coffee pot on a tablescape I posted. Although I bought it for this purpose, I figured why not use it once before I planted it. I added Marjoram, Oregano, Thyme. **SOLD!

Farmers market 2011 008This will be sold as a set. The vintage green enamelware coffee pot and matching cup (I also have the lid that I will include). I planted Lemon balm in the coffee pot and Spearmint in the cup. the two flavors work great together for a tea or in brewed tea.  **SOLD!

Farmers market 2011 009This is a huge cookie jar (I will include the lid) that I planted with Basil, Thyme and Oregano.

Farmers market 2011 012This little strawberry planter is planted with creeping Thyme and it can be hung.

Farmers market 2011 010This cute tall ceramic jar has Sweet Basil planted (also will include the lid).

We got about 25 more planted containers. I have about 30 more containers to use for various  mini gardens. If they all sell really good (keeping fingers crossed!) I will be racing around every weekend hitting every yard sale I see! LOL Yup, that is actually part of my real life job!

**I wrote this post early last week. So, we have been at a couple of Markets now. So far, so good! Yay! I have made up several other planters that have sold as well. And yes, I am going through some of my fun thrifted finds from over the winter to see what else I can use for planters. I haven’t had time to go to yard sales! Now, did you ever think you would hear those words come out of my mouth? LOL**

I also have other projects for our business going on right now. I will share them at a later time. And several new food items are being added by us. I am excited to see how these go. Casa Chaos is busy, busy, busy these days!

Do you want to take a little tour around the greenhouse?

Let's check out some of our herbs. Now keep in mind this is only ONE area that we have our herbs for our business planted. We have the bulk of our mint here at home, a garden at my parents and a garden plot at a local church. Yes, we are running around like crazy people every day!

Okay, let's look around the greenhouse.

Farmers market 2011 013Potting station.

Farmers market 2011 016

Herbs

Farmers market 2011 017  More Herbs

Farmers market 2011 018You guessed it, more herbs

Farmers market 2011 020Hummmm, could it be even more herbs? :)

Farmers market 2011 021This is part of the hydroponic gardens. Look at that gorgeous Basil!

Farmers market 2011 022Beautiful different lettuce

Farmers market 2011 023Farmers market 2011 025See those big trees in the background? Those are tomato plants that were grown in the hydroponic gardens! Yes, I have been eating fresh tomatoes for awhile now. Yummo!

Well, I hope you enjoyed peeking into my world as of late. Have a fantastic day!

I am also posting this at our Herb blog DTL Herbs

dtlherbsltd

Orignially posted at my blog The Thrifty Groove

No comments:

Post a Comment